Al-Noor Centre for Autism is a private day school based in Vereeniging, Arconpark.
Our custom built centre provides the optimal environment for a balanced, holistic education. We offer therapy services as well as a unique curriculum, developed within the centre. It is structured to improve our students learning experience and help them towards greater independence.
Our curriculum is aligned with CAPS and various TEACCH task activities. Our team includes various professionals, special educators, speech, language, physical and occupational therapists, social workers and of course the parents.
This team conducts an assessment over time, to determine each child’s specific needs. We prepare an individual education plan (IEP) for each student, which includes appropriate goals.
We cater for students from 3 – 14 years with a primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We employ the latest techniques & methodologies to help our students.
3 – 14 year olds
Monday – Thursday: 08:00 – 13:00
Friday: 08:00 – 12:00
We strive to be world class leaders, offering excellent and holistic educational techniques and features for children with Autism.
We provide a school environment which offers appropriate care, curricular & professional expertise and a feeling of being safe and included.
- Computer skills
- Augmentative Alternative Communication
- One-on-one learning
- Variety of intervention options
- Adapted Academic Curriculum
- Well equipped therapy rooms. including snoezelon and sensory integration rooms
- Music & video room
- Library with a wide variety of books
- Soft play area
- Shaded outdoor play area
- Various therapy services
- Gemiini Videos
We understand that you may be left with hundreds of questions when facing Autism, we would like to reassure you, there is hope and we are here to assist in any way we can.
Please read through our frequently asked questions, if the question you have is not in this list, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information – we are happy to help.
How do I enrol my child?
Contact us on 084 736 2187 or email us on email@example.com to view our premises and discuss relevant questions and answers. We request that your child attend for a suitability test.
Who can I speak to for more information on Autism?
- Medical Professional / Specialist
- Any relevant organisation such as Autism South Africa
- Autism early intervention centres
- Private / Government Autism Schools
- JHB Academic Hospitals
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Educational Physiologist
- Neurodevelopmental Clinics
I think my child may be Autistic, how do I know?
Autism can be detected form 18 months of age and is defined by a certain set of behaviours and is a “spectrum condition” that affects people differently and to varying degrees.
Early detection helps a person receive the support and services they need, which can lead to an improved quality of life.
Signs to look for:
- Repetition in language or movement – such as repeating the same word or sounds, hand flopping or any repeated movement.
- Atypical non-verbal communication, including eye contact and giving few facial expressions.
- Prefers solitary or parallel play rather than engaging in associative or cooperative play with other children.
- Extremely distressed by changes including new foods.
- Strong, persistent interest in a specific topic, part of a toy or item.
How will it benefit your child to be at Al-Noor Centre For Autism?
With the right education, your child can learn, grow & develop abilities that help him/her succeed in life.
We focus on:
- Special Education Services
- Trained Teachers & Staff
- Small, Integrated Classrooms
- Curriculum & Resources
- Behavioral Challenges
- Speech & Occupational Therapy
Students have access to highly qualified specialists & services. Autism affects every child in unique ways, which means each child with Autism has different educational needs. We encourage you to consider your child & talk to other parents, your child’s doctor & service providers as you finalize your decision.
What are the costs associated with your school?
Al-Noor Enrollment Fee 2020: R4000-00 (Once-off)
Thereafter 12 equal payments from the first day of the first term.
Contact us on 084 736 2187 for more information.
For more information, please contact us, or alternatively complete the contact form and we’ll get back to you!
+27 (0) 84 736 2187
By appointment only.
11 Arum Street, 1939 Vereeniging, Gauteng